Statement of Faith
The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God, a revelation from God to man. We believe and accept the infallible word of God as our guide in conduct and doctrine (2 Tim. 3:15-17; 1 Peter 1:21-25; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Thess. 2:13).
- One true Godhead. The triune Godhead is comprised of three separate and distinct personalities, the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, who are eternally self-existent, self-revealed and function as one entity. Jesus Christ, who is God manifested in the flesh, is the second member of the Godhead, co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and The Holy Spirit.
- The triune God is three persons in one (Deut. 6:4; Phil 2:6; 1 John 5:7), with God being the Father of all and self existent. Christ is the word that became flesh (John 1:1,14), and has always existed with the Father and the Holy Spirit from eternity past (Isaiah 48:16-17; Matt. 3:16-17). The Holy Spirit is God and Lord and has existed with the Father and the Son from the eternal past as well (Gen. 1:2, Gen. 1:26).
- Man, his fall and redemption. Man was created good and upright, for God said, “Let us make one in Our image, after Our Likeness.” But, human beings, by voluntary transgression, fell, and their only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Genesis 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21).
- Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God (Ephes. 2:8-10; Romans 10:9-10).
- Eternal life and the New Birth – Mankind’s first step towards salvation is godly sorrow that works repentance. The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life (2 Cor. 7:10; John 3:3-5; 1 John 5:12).
- Baptism in water. Baptism in water by immersion is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection (Romans 6:4; Col. 2:12; Acts 8:36-39).
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers in this dispensation and is received subsequent to the New Birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance (Acts 2:1-4; Acts 1:8; Matt. 3:11; John 14:16-17; Acts 2:38; Acts 19:1-7).
- Blessed hope. Jesus is coming again to gather all His saints to Heaven (1 Cor. 15:51-52; 1 Thess. 4:16-18; and 2 Thess. 2:1-2).
- The millennial reign of Jesus. The return of our Lord Jesus Christ with His saints from Heaven to rule and reign for one thousand years on earth as the Scriptures promised (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16-17; Romans 11:25-27; 2 Thess. 1:7; Rev. 5:20; Rev. 19:11-16; 20:1-7). After this, there shall be a new heaven and a new earth (Rev. 21).
- The lake of fire. Those who have not accepted the redemptive work of Jesus Christ will suffer eternal separation from the Godhead. The devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, and anyone whose name is not found written in the book of life, shall be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. This is the second death, the lake of fire (Rev. 19:20; Heb. 9:27).